Between 2017 and 2019 KRONEN has worked for St. Mary and St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church on proposals for a replacement hall and refurbishment annex building in Coulsdon.
The Church is St. Mary and St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church at Rickman Hill, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 3DS (in the London Borough of Croydon).
At present The Church site comprises various buildings: the main church building, the annex building and the community hall.
The proposals comprised:
- A new community hall (at upper ground floor level, as with the main church building and the annex building)
- A new youth centre (at lower ground floor level)
- New essential shared facilities at both of the levels
- Refurbishment of the annex building
- External landscaping
- Retained and improved points of access
- A rearranged surface car parking area (providing 22 × car parking spaces, inclusive of 2 × disabled parking spaces)
- New “bikehanger” covered and secure cycle parking store providing 20 × cycle parking spaces
The formal planning description for the project was “Demolition of the existing Community Hall at St. Mary and St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church and the erection of a replacement Community Hall comprising a two-storey building (including a basement) with glazed roof lights, photovoltaic and solar-thermal panels at roof level, replacement car parking area with access ramp for 19 cars, 2 disabled car parking spaces, 2 cycle stands, alterations including an external staircase, external amenity spaces, boundary treatment, landscaping and changes to land levels”.
Croydon Council’s reference was “18/06196/FUL”.
KRONEN inherited the project from other transport consultants after the feasibility stage and assisted at pre-app and full planning. KRONEN prepared various transport planning reports: a Transport Statement note, a Travel Plan and a Construction Logistics Plan.
(Images: Daniele Petteno Architecture Workshop (video captures)).
Contact KRONEN using either firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8541 1139 if you need Church transport planning support.