In the past week Essex County Council granted permission for the expansion of Brightside Primary School in Billericay as follows:
“The construction of a new 2 storey standalone building, to provide 9no. classrooms, specialist food/technology & science classroom, SEN and group rooms, reprographics and ancillary facilities; extension of the existing staff room and a new multi-use games area together with associated parking and landscaping works to allow the expansion of the existing school from a 2FE to a 3FE Infant & Junior School.”
The application site was Brightside County Junior And Infant School, Brightside, Billericay, Essex. CM12 0LE.
Essex CC’s planning application reference was CC/BAS/15/18.
(Image: Ingleton Wood)
Kronen were working for KIER / Essex CC alongside Resolution Planning (agent), Ingleton Wood and Wynne-Williams (designers).
The planning application was supported by Kronen’s Transport Statement.
The Transport Statement was prepared in accordance with web-based best practice guidance resource Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government’s National Planning Practice Guidance: Travel plans, transport assessments and statements in decision-taking and included:
- Assessment of transport sustainability / public and active transport accessibility
- Assessment of road safety and Personal Injury Accident collision data
- On-street parking surveys carried out in accordance with the “Lambeth Methodology” (‘Lambeth Council Parking Survey Guidance Note‘ (Lambeth Council, 2012))
- Car parking provisions
- Cycle and scooter parking provisions
- Trip projections and trip and parking impacts (based on Travel Plan hands-up surveys)
- Development Plan policy integration
Given the sensitivity of the application and school site and the importance of transport to the project’s success, the application’s progress was carefully monitored and detailed discussions were carried out with the project team, Essex CC transport & highways officers.
All work was delivered on-time and within budget.
Contact Kronen Limited using either email@example.com or 020 8541 1139 if your Billericay project requires a Transport Statement.